5. Out of nowhere.
1 :) money. I didn't know this, but I couldn't think of much else that governments or rulers produce. The lack of other options meant d11
2 :) sodium. Just went for the simplest alkali metal which I assume is also rather abundant. Given salt and all. Period table adjacency was also a plus. Had no ide whether I was right. D12.
3 :) the Connors. Spelling off but that's fine. I got this from a crossword the other day that I think reference ____ Gilbert of 'the Conners'. I knew that was their surname but didn't realize there was a new show by that name but it sure fit this clue. D23. Andy can't have heard of this.
4 :( pay for play. I need to look up what this was. I had Watergate Hotel Breakin but that didn't seem like an official phrase.D21.
5 :) Vienna. Hooray for cocktail Weiners. I'm hoping my opponents restrict their mental searches to cities in present day Germany. I wasted a minute there. D32.
6 :) Yemen. D00 and the only answer that I was confident about.
No comments:
Post a Comment