Monday, March 25, 2019

Grace Day 23

Today for me was all about point defense, as I’m playing the top guy in my league (20/2/0, with one of the losses against someone we’re all sure is cheating) who I have no hope of beating.

 

1.       Organized crime? Literally almost submitted with the question mark in there. Would not have gotten coins or anything close to it.

2.       Carbon? Also should have submitted with a question mark. I really had no clue and wish that the part of my brain devoted to Simpsons trivia could share better with the part of my brain that took two years of college chemistry.

3.       Meet The Conners—wondering if I’ll get this one. I knew it had something to do with the family name but haven’t seen it which is why I butchered it a bit.

4.       Saturday Night Massacre—easy get given the Watergate timing/Robert Bork.

5.       Warsaw—thought they might be asking about a Polish sausage? Alas, I am used to a Chicago style all-beef Vienna.

6.       Yemen. Frequent topic of conversation on NPR these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment