1/6. I blame my cold.
1. Harlem-born musical artist Teddy Riley, through his work as a songwriter and producer and as a founding member of the groups Guy and Blackstreet, is considered the father of a contemporary strain of R&B that is known by what three-word name?
Correct Answer: NEW JACK SWING
Your Answer: Doo wop shoowap
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
1. Harlem-born musical artist Teddy Riley, through his work as a songwriter and producer and as a founding member of the groups Guy and Blackstreet, is considered the father of a contemporary strain of R&B that is known by what three-word name?
Correct Answer: NEW JACK SWING
Your Answer: Doo wop shoowap
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
I heard of New Jack City, never of New Jack Swing.
2. Among cattle, generally speaking, a non-castrated adult male is a bull, a castrated male raised for beef is a steer, a castrated male trained as a draft or riding animal is an ox, an adult female that has given birth is a cow, and a young unweaned bovine of either sex is a calf. What is the most common term for a young female who has not borne a calf of her own?
Correct Answer: HEIFER
Your Answer: Cow
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I was hoping it was a trick question because I was drawing a blank, but this seems very gettable.
3. What is the term for the mathematical property, applicable to addition and multiplication (but not subtraction or division), that states that a given operation's result is independent of the order of the numbers/objects in the operation? For example, 3 + 5 = 5 + 3 and 2 x 6 = 6 x 2.
Correct Answer: COMMUTATIVE
Your Answer: Reflexive
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I had no idea.
4. Enosis (Greek for "union") was the name given in the 1950s to a campaign for the union of Greece with what other country?
Correct Answer: CYPRUS
Your Answer: Malta
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
4. Enosis (Greek for "union") was the name given in the 1950s to a campaign for the union of Greece with what other country?
Correct Answer: CYPRUS
Your Answer: Malta
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
Oh god, I just rushed the answer. I have been to Malta so there is no way I should have gotten them mixed up. Just a cold addled mind being sloppy.
5. The most important commercial crab of the Pacific Northwest (and Oregon's "state crustacean") is named after a community on the Strait of Juan de Fuca in Washington State. What is that name?
Correct Answer: DUNGENESS
Your Answer: Seattle
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
5. The most important commercial crab of the Pacific Northwest (and Oregon's "state crustacean") is named after a community on the Strait of Juan de Fuca in Washington State. What is that name?
Correct Answer: DUNGENESS
Your Answer: Seattle
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Oh, this gettable. I had no idea.
6. Sisters with the first names of Lana and Lilly are a filmmaking partnership whose first major (and still highest profile) Hollywood success is what film trilogy?
Correct Answer: MATRIX
Your Answer: The Matrix
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
6. Sisters with the first names of Lana and Lilly are a filmmaking partnership whose first major (and still highest profile) Hollywood success is what film trilogy?
Correct Answer: MATRIX
Your Answer: The Matrix
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
Hope they give me credit for Matrix. There are very few film making partnerships and I knew they both had sex changes.
No comments:
Post a Comment