Friday, March 8, 2019

Brian Day 12 vs Seif

4/6.  I'm expecting Dave and I to defend each other perfectly.

1) Nakatomi.  When in doubt, go with the plaza. 2/2
2) Edelman.  Wish I could give Dave less than zero for this.  2/0
3) Derek and the Dominoes.  Almost brain-farted with Blind Faith, then it came to me.  Jeez, how many bands has Clapton been in? I hate D3ing questions I'm certain of the answer to, but I can't imagine David picked this up on his morning drive listening to Z100. 3/3
4) Sonoma, Sonora.  After spending a minute trying to get Napa/Baja to work, I thought of more wine country regions, and Sonoma led me to Sonora, the Mexican restaurant I've been to several times.  1/1
5) Quisling.  Very excited by this get, was nowhere near confident. First thought was Franco, but nasjonal didn't seem like the Spanish word for national, and I thought he was in power in the 30's. Chang Kai-Shek?  Again, years are off and nasjonal doesn't match the language.  The j in nasjonal seems Nordic... could be Quisling,that's as good a guess as any.  1/1
6) Paper Moon. no clue.  0/2

A 4(4)-2(3) victory by the Jets/Mets fan over the evil Pats/Yanks fan.  Get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment