Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Brian Day 14 vs Ben

3 or 4 out of 6.  Anyone else get credit for a Green Mountain variation yesterday?  I got credit for Green Mountaineers, not that it helped me in either league.  Hoping to get the same leniency with question 6 today.
1) East Timor.  no clue  3/1

2) Northwest Passage. I watched The Terror last year.  I think Ben did too.  2/1

3) C.   I knew the first clue was capacitance, which I thought was C, but it could be asking for the symbol F for faraday. I don't know what the A minor scale is, but it's a good bet C comes third after A (#?) and B.  I think the big 4 DNA components are AGCT.  Charm is a quark flavor, there is no flavor starting with F. So I felt solid with C, except that I thought the musical clue made it too obvious.  Isn't everyone going to say C, what else could it be?   Didn't psych myself out, but isn't this question just, "Regardless of whether you know the three science components, what is the third letter of the alphabet?"  Curious to see the get rate. 1/0

4) Goya.  Oh boya!   Wild @$$ guess!  So happy that I made chili Sunday and know that Goya is a painter!  2/3

5) The Cherry Orchard.  No idea. Andy, maybe we took the same class?  1/2

6) Battle Angel Alita.  Don't know if I'll get credit, is her name just Alita?  I only knew of her existence because I've seen the ads for this several times, the movie just came out last month.  My other option was the main character from Ghost in the Shell, but I don't know her name.  0/2

Reading the blog, apologies if I was a jerk to those who got C incorrect.  Except Ben, you deserve the shame.




No comments:

Post a Comment