Another frustrating 2/6. I'm in last place in my rundle, and this just isn't my season...
1. Nicaragua :(, D12. This is hugely frustrating and is a great microcosm of this season for me. I spent an enormous amount of time on this one and came so close. I considered Brazil, the Philippines, and Central America. I discarded Brazil because the dates didn't match up with their elections and the Philippines because the presidential term is six years, not 4. I was proud of myself for that insight. So then I considered Central America, and I had to decide which countries there the Nobel committee would be willing to ding. I came up with Guatemala, Nicaragua, and El Salvador, and I eliminated the last one because I didn't think (perhaps incorrectly) that there was a large enough indigenous population there. So that left Guatemala and Nicaragua, and I picked the wrong one. Man!
2. Northwest :), D10. Gimme.
3. C :), D02. I could have gotten it from the capacitance or from the scale.
4. Picasso :(, D31. At least I knew enough to know that El Greco was dead by 1808. But I wasn't going to come up with Goya. Maybe I need to give myself a cursory art history education, and I'm dropping some ones that seem pretty easy for others.
5. The Seagull :(, D21. Nope!
6. Iniki :(, D23. Absolutely no clue whatsoever.
1. Nicaragua :(, D12. This is hugely frustrating and is a great microcosm of this season for me. I spent an enormous amount of time on this one and came so close. I considered Brazil, the Philippines, and Central America. I discarded Brazil because the dates didn't match up with their elections and the Philippines because the presidential term is six years, not 4. I was proud of myself for that insight. So then I considered Central America, and I had to decide which countries there the Nobel committee would be willing to ding. I came up with Guatemala, Nicaragua, and El Salvador, and I eliminated the last one because I didn't think (perhaps incorrectly) that there was a large enough indigenous population there. So that left Guatemala and Nicaragua, and I picked the wrong one. Man!
2. Northwest :), D10. Gimme.
3. C :), D02. I could have gotten it from the capacitance or from the scale.
4. Picasso :(, D31. At least I knew enough to know that El Greco was dead by 1808. But I wasn't going to come up with Goya. Maybe I need to give myself a cursory art history education, and I'm dropping some ones that seem pretty easy for others.
5. The Seagull :(, D21. Nope!
6. Iniki :(, D23. Absolutely no clue whatsoever.
No comments:
Post a Comment