First, kudos to Kim for 1) referencing Pure Prairie League (Aimee, what you gonna do?), and 2) dropping the Bachelorette 15 years ago unlike the rest of you.
Second, Yale vs. LSU this afternoon. Tigers are going down!
Lastly, 4/6, in what was the quickest I've ever taken to submit after reading the questions. 4 no-brainers, 2 no-way-in-hellers, nothing to think about.
1) Ocasio-Cortez. My attempt to make this a no-brainer somehow. Just kidding, she gets a bad rap. 3/3
2) Groundhog Day. Groundhog Day is great. Edge of Tomorrow is terrific, I think they're working on a sequel. 0/1
3) Monte Carlo. Math/econ/biz gimme. 1/0
4) peristalsis. I remembered this from 9th grade bio. 2/2
5) Prince Albert in a Can. I figured the answer had to do with the coronation, but figured I wouldn't guess the actual name correctly, and I've always wondered what Prince Albert in a can was, so I went with it. Looking it up... oh, it's a joke based on Prince Albert tobacco, sold in cans. As funny as your refrigerator running. 1/2
6) panhandle. Panhandle came right to mind, didn't see what else the three states had in common besides bad bagels and pizza. 2/1
Seif, I agree with Ben, you need Chicken in your answer. Ben, in Fifty First Dates and Edge of Tomorrow, as well as Groundhog Day, the main character runs a modified Monte Carlo simulation, using information learned from repeating the same situation over and over, effectively a sensitivity analysis, to tweak the inputs and affect the outcome until the optimal result is generated. I look forward to seeing both of you in C next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment