Friday, March 15, 2019

Pelc Day 17

Wish I had time to post yesterday, I had a lot to say (mostly mumbo jumbo) about my much needed 9(6) vs Seif to end a 7 day losing streak .
I'm still in the relegation zone despite some ok defense and TCA in the top half this season. 
Hopefully today's 5/6 gets me closer to digging out of the hole. Most questions are in my opponent's wheelhouse so might come down to D. 

1. :) - Happy I got this one. This was the first publication I listed in my head that didn't sound latin/greek to me and also had a second meaning that implied storage (of ammo). D2

2. :( - No chance here - I didn't even know parsec was a portmanteau. D1

3. :) -  I only know this because my father once went to Sri Lanka to speak and he was there for his birthday so my sisters and I made him a birthday card in the native language of Sri Lanka (which we learned was Sinhalese). I believe this is the second LL question that I've gotten because my father went to speak in Sri Lanka on his birthday in 2005. D2

4. :) - Sports gimme. D1

5. :) - For some reason, when you plug in a phone in my car, the only way you can listen to anything other than iTunes is if you have something in your iTunes library that it can play first. If there's nothing in your library, you have to go through a few extra steps to play things like Spotify, podcasts. or anything else from your phone. I don't know why this is (and I'm sure it's somehow fixable) but I believe it's a common issue for people. So I downloaded some random song called Strip That Down for free and it autoplays every time I connect. Quavo is featured on this song, a fact I wouldn't have realized if the second word of the song wasn't "Quavo!" After hearing the name at least twice a day for months, I looked him up and saw that he was in Migos. It was all worth it to get this question. Apologies for the long story but it's one I felt I had to tell. D3 

6. :) - Forget about most successful, this is the only movie I know with 4 of the same word in a row. D0

No comments:

Post a Comment