Monday, March 11, 2019

Brian Day 13 vs Andy

Frustrating day, 2/6, another 2 were gettable so I think Andy will take me down. Plus I hate my defense today.
1) Madea.  These movies are always on cable, though I've never seen one.  I don't like my defense but had to go with the percentages.  2/2
2) Roman a clef.  I knew it wasn't German, but I had no other idea.  I have heard of bildungsroman, suprised to see roman is the same in both languages. 0/3
3) baby formula.  Was going to throw in vegemite (sandwich) as a joke answer, but I thought I had a shot with this.  A terrific, frustrating question.  I knew the question was full of clues, I considered every way of saying children,  parents, relatives, I even wrote grandma, but it didn't click. 1/1
4) Green Mountaineers.  Happy to be close.  Lake Champlain is northern New York, the militia couldn't be inspired by York, so the lake probably borders Vermont, which probably means Green Mountain (which I assume is where the coffee gets its name).  Close but no cigar.  1/1  Wished I switched this defense with Madea.
5) Flanders.  no idea 3/2
6) Esther.   I think there's a chance, just a small chance, mind you, that our private league's get rate will be higher than Learned League in general. 2/0

And... ugh, Andy picks this day to finally post on the blog?!? And of course that Ivy League dork took useless liberal arts courses and knows bildungsroman, green mountain boys, and breugel.  Oh well, at least I'm not an Australian Jew who missed both an Australian and a Jew question. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment