Friday, March 15, 2019

Seif Day 17

3/6, though the breakdown of what I got should give me a decent number of points on those three.  Thanks to Pelc for dropping a 9(6) on me in LL yesterday...

1. Thesaurus :(, D11.  This was a great question, and I'm a bit annoyed I couldn't come up with a better guess, as it's hard to see in retrospect how this could possibly be Arabic.  It makes so much sense now that I see the answer.

2. Proxima, Arcsecond :(, D32.  Ugh.  So close, but actually I don't think I ever had a chance.  I knew arcsecond, and even if I hadn't I think it was guessable.  But for some reason I really thought it had something to do with Proxima Centauri even though the distance doesn't match up.  But I can't imagine I'd have ever come up with parallax.

3. Sri Lanka :), D00.  Gimme due to the Sinhalese reference.  I don't think this is super easy, but for my opponents, it's worth a double zero on D.

4. NBA, ABA :), D22.  I was confident but by no means certain when I submitted.  I really don't watch much basketball.

5. Drake :(, D23.  I've never heard of any of the answers.

6. It's a Mad^4 World :), D11.  A surprising get for me.  Once this movie popped into my head, I knew I wasn't going to come up with another guess, so it was this or bust.  I'm not sure why I've heard of this movie, but I think I remember seeing commercials for it playing on TV when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment