Monday, March 18, 2019

Brian Day 18 vs Belsky

3/6 today, no regrets.  6/12 with 5 moneys for 44% in the midseason classic this weekend.

1) Cygnus.  I think this is pretty well known.  Also, Cygus X-1 is one of my favorite Rush songs. 1/1

2) minaret. First thought was minaret.  Wait, aren't those the onion bulb shapes on Russian churches.  I guess I'll just put in Minas Morgul as a joke.  Wait, does minas come from minaret? Maybe minaret is right.  Whew! 1/1

3) North Macedonia.  About time FYROM or eSwatini made it to LearnedLeague.  Hated giving high defense on this, but not other choice given the categories.  3/2

4) bearnaise.  forgot about aioli, and not knowing what diaeresis is didn't help.  0/0

5) puritanism.  no idea 2/2

6) Smith. as in Patti Smith.  No idea. I think this will play the hardest.  hoping a 0 gets wasted on me.  2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment