3/6, with a great deal of uncertainty as to how I did when I submitted. I found this quite tricky.
1. Gobbeldygook :(, D33. I felt like I actually came up with a good guess here, and I was wondering if this was somehow it. If I had thought of "Mumbo Jumbo," I would have put that down, but it never crossed my mind.
2. Red :), D21. I was very uncertain about this and happy to get it. It strikes me as a very hard geography question unless I was missing something here. I only got it because of the fairly obscure Red Bank, NJ, which is marginally a NYC suburb I've heard of. Red Wing, MN (which I'd never heard of), while matching an NHL team name, does not match up with where that team is located. So I see no clue that will make this come together for people.
3. Black/White :(, D12. On the one hand, this made no sense, and on the other was super obvious. I really just couldn't think of anything else. I did consider "back" for a record, but I couldn't think of anything for the W.
4. Transylvania :(, D02. No clue here.
5. Manchuria :), D21. Gimme.
6. Renaissance :), D10. The French portion of the clue made this clear.
1. Gobbeldygook :(, D33. I felt like I actually came up with a good guess here, and I was wondering if this was somehow it. If I had thought of "Mumbo Jumbo," I would have put that down, but it never crossed my mind.
2. Red :), D21. I was very uncertain about this and happy to get it. It strikes me as a very hard geography question unless I was missing something here. I only got it because of the fairly obscure Red Bank, NJ, which is marginally a NYC suburb I've heard of. Red Wing, MN (which I'd never heard of), while matching an NHL team name, does not match up with where that team is located. So I see no clue that will make this come together for people.
3. Black/White :(, D12. On the one hand, this made no sense, and on the other was super obvious. I really just couldn't think of anything else. I did consider "back" for a record, but I couldn't think of anything for the W.
4. Transylvania :(, D02. No clue here.
5. Manchuria :), D21. Gimme.
6. Renaissance :), D10. The French portion of the clue made this clear.
No comments:
Post a Comment