4/6. I'm going to read Seif's post after I write this up, but I'll say there were a few gimmes for Dave, and I'm dreading the defensive numbers I was forced to give him.
1) currency. I've heard of the term, but wasn't 100% sure, though I didn't see what else it could be. Was debating between currency and coinage, I guess I wasted time on that debate. 1/0 for the economist
2) sodium. This debate was not wasted. Figured had to be sodium or potassium, I guessed that sodium was more commonplace. I think David will have the same line of reasoning, hated giving him a 2. 3/2
3) The Connors. I haven't seen the new Roseanne or spinoff, but this was a big story and I remembered the name. A weak-ish category for Dave, but he could easily pull this, again I'm not happy with 2/2
4) Monday Night Football. Bork, isn't that the guy who was denied a Supreme Court position? So this is American history, def give Seif a 1 or 0... but what's the phrase? Watergate Break In? I spent so much time on this, starting with Watergate, but I couldn't come up with a three word phrase. Then I moved on to Roe v Wade, Vietnam, and then thought about the World Series being in October. Those could be pro athlete names! I thought I was so clever when I went down the sports tack and came up with MNF. Which made me change my defense from a gimme for Seif to a 3. I'm going to regret this.
5) Vienna. Vienna waits for you. 1/1
6) South Sudan. no idea. Current events gimme for Seif. 0/1
I'm anticipating a 7(5) for Dave.... yep, Dave takes it 7(5)-5(4). Nice job Seif.
No comments:
Post a Comment