1. How have you all heard of Medea? I think I put pinkalicious. Considered adding Urban but declined.
2. Bildungsroman. Seems like a gimme to anyone with a half way decent humanities education. I know technical and career-oriented education has become more popular though.
3. I was so proud of my reasoning on this one. Maria!? Australian!? It must be marmilite. But turns out that food item is called Marmite. And the one here is Granny Smith Apple. Good get for the ones who figured it out.
4. Green Mountain Boys. I think I thought this one was easier than it was, based on others' answers.
5. Breugel. Almost put Vermeer, but then realized there are elders and youngers with the pieter breugels, so figured there might have been even elders and even youngers.
6. Esther. BEN?!?! How?!?!? That's terrible. I would make an argument that Vashti is an acceptable answer to this question, since her story is told (it's a short story, and a story within a story, but it's still told), and she was the wife of Ahasuerus, and the story is told during the festival. It says nothing about the fact that the book bears the name of the woman who is the answer to the question.
No comments:
Post a Comment