Thursday, March 28, 2019

Brian Day 25 vs Ben

3/6 as I find myself suddenly fighting off relegation, only one point out of the zone.  And I'm just behind a friend with 5 forfeits, how embarrassing.  Hoping to get some points from a movie question disguised as literature.

1) vindaloo. no clue.  0/1

2) 9 to 5.  Gimme for me, that movie was on all the time when we first got cable.  1/2

3) candy.  There was a touring candy exhibit that my friends with tween daughters were posting on facebook.  I thought this could be it, and that Ben might have seen it on facebook as well, hence the abnormally low art defense. 2/1

4) Suharto.  recent history gimme.  Plus, this came up recently.  Ben, pub trivia maybe?  1/0

5) Omaha.  no idea.  can't imagine Ben is following this.  3/2

6) Warshawski.  This could save my season.  I thought there might be a chance these books were made into movies.  My first thought was Blue Steel with Jamie Lee Curtis, but she was a uniformed cop. Then 'hard boiled' brought Kathleen Turner to mind, perhaps because I just saw her play Chandler's dad on friends a few weeks ago.  Once I had Turner, the movie V.I. Warshawki burst forth in all its glory from my buried memories.   Hope this does it, and I get to stay in C with newcomers Seif and Carr.  2/3

No comments:

Post a Comment