Thursday, March 7, 2019

Seif Day 11

3 or 4/6.  If I only get 3, it's due to a truly idiotic careless mistake on my part.

1. Harry, Sally :/, D11.  I don't know what to say here.  This is not the first time I've done something like this.  The only reason I think I have a shot at receiving (undeserved) credit here is that there was a question in the Math ML that required you to solve for two numbers (which were 30 and 5) and then give the sum.  So, the correct answer was 35, and I put "30, 5" for my answer and received credit.  In order to avoid careless errors, I waited my extra hour and a half to submit, as I've been doing all season after day 1, but that didn't help me here.  Ugh.

2. Western Roman Empire :), D00.  I figured just "Roman Empire" would probably be accepted.  Both my opponents are quite strong at world history.

3. Mercador :), D21.  Spelling issue aside, this was the only projection I knew.  So it was this or bust.

4. Fluid Ounce :), D12.  This took me longer than it should have, mostly because I kept trying to decide if the question somehow was looking for "two tablespoons," which, while equivalent, was clearly not correct.  (Why not six teaspoons, etc.?)

5. Abe :(, D33.  I've been there at least once and still had no clue.

6. Climate Change :(, D22.  Actually got relatively close here, but it was just a guess.  

1 comment:

  1. (Kim) I wrote Harry and Sally too. Ugh. I also considered two tablespoons and found my way to fluid ounce. Nothing else worth posting about for me!

    ReplyDelete