3/6, and no chance at any more. Actually, I'm glad to have gotten the three that I did. I had a very rare (for me) common D.
1. Tokogawa :(, D33. Sadly, this is the second day in a row that I've had to put down a random Japanese name.
2. Edelman :), D11. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Kiss :(, D00. Worried about my D here. Obviously I had no clue, but I thought this would be easy for others. Since I've never even heard of the correct answer, this may have been a bad waste of a D0.
4. Sonora, Sonoma :), D22. I started with the Mexican state, and my first guess was that it had to be Sonora. After that, it didn't take too long, although for a few minutes I somehow convinced myself that Sonora and Corona satisfied being off by only one letter. Glad I thought about it some more.
5. Quisling :), D11. Not sure how hard people will find this. It took me some thinking. And, if we hadn't been given the actual foreign-language name and if there hadn't been a Japanese question already today, I'm almost certain I would have thought this was Japan and have put Tojo. But, seeing "Nasjonal Samling," I figured this had to be a country with a Germanic language occupied by Germany. That left Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and possibly Belgium if it was Flemish. I took out Denmark because it had a different history of its occupation, which wouldn't have fit the question. Of the remaining ones, Norway was the only one whose leader I knew, so I had to go with that.
6. Long Night's Journey Under a Full Moon :(, D22. Nope!
1. Tokogawa :(, D33. Sadly, this is the second day in a row that I've had to put down a random Japanese name.
2. Edelman :), D11. GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. Kiss :(, D00. Worried about my D here. Obviously I had no clue, but I thought this would be easy for others. Since I've never even heard of the correct answer, this may have been a bad waste of a D0.
4. Sonora, Sonoma :), D22. I started with the Mexican state, and my first guess was that it had to be Sonora. After that, it didn't take too long, although for a few minutes I somehow convinced myself that Sonora and Corona satisfied being off by only one letter. Glad I thought about it some more.
5. Quisling :), D11. Not sure how hard people will find this. It took me some thinking. And, if we hadn't been given the actual foreign-language name and if there hadn't been a Japanese question already today, I'm almost certain I would have thought this was Japan and have put Tojo. But, seeing "Nasjonal Samling," I figured this had to be a country with a Germanic language occupied by Germany. That left Norway, Denmark, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, and possibly Belgium if it was Flemish. I took out Denmark because it had a different history of its occupation, which wouldn't have fit the question. Of the remaining ones, Norway was the only one whose leader I knew, so I had to go with that.
6. Long Night's Journey Under a Full Moon :(, D22. Nope!
No comments:
Post a Comment