3/6
1. Alfisol, aridisol, entisol, and inceptisol are among the different "orders" in the systematic taxonomy of what material?
Correct Answer: SOIL
Your Answer: Wood
Points Assigned: 3
Correct Answer: SOIL
Your Answer: Wood
Points Assigned: 3
I had no idea. I don't think of soil as a material.
2. In O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi", the poor young couple pawn items to buy gifts for their partner, who had ironically pawned the object for which each gift would be used. The woman sold her beautiful long hair, whereas the man sold his what?
Correct Answer: (GOLD) WATCH
Your Answer: Hamster
Points Assigned: 2
2. In O. Henry's "The Gift of the Magi", the poor young couple pawn items to buy gifts for their partner, who had ironically pawned the object for which each gift would be used. The woman sold her beautiful long hair, whereas the man sold his what?
Correct Answer: (GOLD) WATCH
Your Answer: Hamster
Points Assigned: 2
I had heard the story, but could not recal.
3. A dramatic cricket match is at the center of what nearly four-hour Bollywood epic musical from 2001, which was the third Indian film to be nominated for Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, and whose one-word title translates to English as "agricultural tax"?
Correct Answer: LAGAAN
Your Answer: Levy
Points Assigned: 1
3. A dramatic cricket match is at the center of what nearly four-hour Bollywood epic musical from 2001, which was the third Indian film to be nominated for Best Foreign Language Film Oscar, and whose one-word title translates to English as "agricultural tax"?
Correct Answer: LAGAAN
Your Answer: Levy
Points Assigned: 1
Never heard of it.
4. "I won." "Where? I can't—" "Here, diagonally." "Pretty sneaky, sis." These lines are excerpted from a TV commercial for what game?
Correct Answer: CONNECT FOUR
Your Answer: Connect Four
Points Assigned: 0
4. "I won." "Where? I can't—" "Here, diagonally." "Pretty sneaky, sis." These lines are excerpted from a TV commercial for what game?
Correct Answer: CONNECT FOUR
Your Answer: Connect Four
Points Assigned: 0
I played a lot of connect four in my youth.
5. Chandrika Kumaratunga served from November 1994 to November 2005 as the first woman president of what country (where her mother previously served as the country's—and the world's—first woman prime minister)?
Correct Answer: SRI LANKA
Your Answer: Sri Lanka
Points Assigned: 1
5. Chandrika Kumaratunga served from November 1994 to November 2005 as the first woman president of what country (where her mother previously served as the country's—and the world's—first woman prime minister)?
Correct Answer: SRI LANKA
Your Answer: Sri Lanka
Points Assigned: 1
Having spent two weeks there, that sounds like a Sri Lankan name. Otherwise, I had no idea.
6. Two different Canadian provincial capital cities are named after what individual?
Correct Answer: QUEEN VICTORIA
Your Answer: Queen Victoria
Points Assigned: 2
6. Two different Canadian provincial capital cities are named after what individual?
Correct Answer: QUEEN VICTORIA
Your Answer: Queen Victoria
Points Assigned: 2
I was deciding between Charlotte, St John the Baptist, Lord Halifax, and Victoria. I figured Regina must be named after Victoria too.
No comments:
Post a Comment