Thursday, August 26, 2021

Jesse Day 14

5/6

1. What is the last word in the title of the 1928 story collection by Anita Loos—a sequel to her popular satirical novel from 1925—that begins But Gentlemen Marry…?
Correct Answer: BRUNETTES
Your Answer: Brunettes
Points Assigned: 2

I had heard of this. 

2. Hackbraten, Pieczeń rzymska, קציץ בשר, and Pain de viande are names of dishes that can be translated into English as the name of what musical artist?
Correct Answer: MEAT LOAF
Your Answer: Meatloaf
Points Assigned: 3

Was shocked to get this. I figured Hackbraten had something to do with meat. While I can understand some Hebrew, I wasn't able to get anything from what they had here. I was pretty sure Pain was bread. Hence my guess. 

3. The wedge-shaped piece placed at the crown of an arch during construction to lock the other pieces in place has a name that is most closely associated with what US state?
Correct Answer: PENNSYLVANIA
Your Answer: Pennsylvania
Points Assigned: 1

I live in the Keystone state.

4. The name for what craft and hobby comes from a French term meaning "small hook"?
Correct Answer: CROCHET
Your Answer: Crochet
Points Assigned: 0

It was the first thing that came to mind and it seemed right.

5. Of the five players voted All-NBA First Team for the 2020-21 season, two are American (Stephen Curry and Kawhi Leonard). Give the home country of any one of the other three First Team players.
Correct Answer: GREECE, SERBIA, SLOVENIA
Your Answer: Greece
Points Assigned: 1

I follow basketball pretty closely so could have gotten all three. 

6. In Mary Martin's wonderful Broadway career, she originated the role of Maria von Trapp in The Sound of Music (1959), the title character in Peter Pan (1954), and, in 1949, the part of Nellie Forbush in what other classic musical?
Correct Answer: SOUTH PACIFIC
Your Answer: Mary Poppins
Points Assigned: 2

I had no idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment