4/6
1. Fill in the blank in the title of the following accurately named 2017 book by English craftswomen, businesswomen, and authors Sarah Lomax and Rachel Skinner: Millinery: The Art of [BLANK]-Making.
Correct Answer: HAT
Your Answer: Hat
Points Assigned: 3
Correct Answer: HAT
Your Answer: Hat
Points Assigned: 3
I wasn't positive, but I thought that is what a millinery was.
2. In some areas, a delicacy known as a "Berliner" is called another name, that of a long-time resident of Berlin. What is that other name?
Correct Answer: BISMARCK
Your Answer: Jelly Doughnut
Points Assigned: 1
2. In some areas, a delicacy known as a "Berliner" is called another name, that of a long-time resident of Berlin. What is that other name?
Correct Answer: BISMARCK
Your Answer: Jelly Doughnut
Points Assigned: 1
I did not read the question. Nor would I have gotten the answer right even if I had. But I would not have scored it a 1.
3. The American rapper and songwriter Amalaratna "Amala" Zandile Dlamini, who had hits in 2020 and 2021 with "Say So", "Streets", and "Kiss Me More" (featuring SZA), is known professionally by what feline name?
Correct Answer: DOJA CAT
Your Answer: Doja Cat
Points Assigned: 1
3. The American rapper and songwriter Amalaratna "Amala" Zandile Dlamini, who had hits in 2020 and 2021 with "Say So", "Streets", and "Kiss Me More" (featuring SZA), is known professionally by what feline name?
Correct Answer: DOJA CAT
Your Answer: Doja Cat
Points Assigned: 1
The only reason I know it is a recently watched an episode of Dave with her in it.
4. The mnemonic device FANBOYS represents a set of seven words that are all what part of speech in the English language?
Correct Answer: (COORDINATING) CONJUNCTIONS
Your Answer: Prepositions
Points Assigned: 2
4. The mnemonic device FANBOYS represents a set of seven words that are all what part of speech in the English language?
Correct Answer: (COORDINATING) CONJUNCTIONS
Your Answer: Prepositions
Points Assigned: 2
I had no idea.
5. The consumer goods company Procter & Gamble devised a particular laundry-detergent delivery and dosage innovation with the launch of the Salvo brand in the 1960s. Later, the company relaunched this innovation as a different, liquid version, to great success. What is the name of this latter, inedible, 3-in-1 product?
Correct Answer: (TIDE) PODS
Your Answer: Pods
Points Assigned: 0
5. The consumer goods company Procter & Gamble devised a particular laundry-detergent delivery and dosage innovation with the launch of the Salvo brand in the 1960s. Later, the company relaunched this innovation as a different, liquid version, to great success. What is the name of this latter, inedible, 3-in-1 product?
Correct Answer: (TIDE) PODS
Your Answer: Pods
Points Assigned: 0
Wasn't sure whether I needed to include tide.
6. A method for measuring wind force at sea, based on the effects of the wind on a canvas of a full-rigged frigate, was developed in 1805 by what French-descended, Ireland-born rear admiral of the Royal Navy?
Correct Answer: SIR FRANCIS BEAUFORT
Your Answer: Beufort
Points Assigned: 2
6. A method for measuring wind force at sea, based on the effects of the wind on a canvas of a full-rigged frigate, was developed in 1805 by what French-descended, Ireland-born rear admiral of the Royal Navy?
Correct Answer: SIR FRANCIS BEAUFORT
Your Answer: Beufort
Points Assigned: 2
I got this thanks to Billy Joel's song "Stormfront".
|
No comments:
Post a Comment