Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Dave M day 13 v Pelc LLL

Today’s 4/6 will, I hope, play better than yesterday’s, when my opponent got 6/6.

 

1 : ( Alexander the Great. I knew Tennyson liked his ancient Greek stuff but guessed real life rather than fictional. D03

2 : ) Basque. Thought of Romansch first but figured that must be indo-european given its name. Then was thinking of which language looks least like any of the others and Basque was the obvious choice. D22

3 : ( K-Ci and JoJo. I thought this was correct. I remember the song ‘All my Life’ by them in the later 1990s. Turns out those two left the original quartet. D31

4 : ) Contralto. Was trying to fit baritone into 9 letters then remembered that female singers have Contralto, but had no idea where it sat in classification. So it was a bit of a guess. D12

5 : ) The Watchmen. I remember a few years ago reading that the movie was based on a graphic novel. D10

6 : ) Nixon. I think I first learnt this when something similar was spoken by Nixon’s head on Futurama, then later read the original quote. D21

No comments:

Post a Comment