Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Dave M day 8 vs Seif LL and Liz LLL

A 4/6 today but poor defense will make this close against Seif.

 

1 : ) Hat. Reaching back to middle school and the origin of the term “mad as a hatter” for this one. D11

2 : ( Schnitzel. I assumed this would be a generic term for long-time Berliners, not a specific individual. Don’t know what type of food it is – google reveals it’s a doughnut. D23

3 : ( Lion. I clearly need to watch the 2nd season of Dave. D32 and really poorly defending against Seif now, as surely he’ll be marked right with his guess.

4 : ) Conjunctions. My second reference back to middle school of the day. D11

5 : ) Tide Pods. Tide is the main P&G detergent brand, and inedible made it extra easy. D00

6 : ) Beaufort. When I moved to the US, we sailed from UK to US on the Queen Mary, and the captain gave us the Beaufort-scale measurements each day (it was a rough crossing). D22

 

So Seif’s 5(3) plays my 6(4), and I just squeak the win, with both of our assumptions about the other’s knowledge of Berliners being wildly off.

No comments:

Post a Comment