4/6
1) John Henry 2/1 I've heard of this, and I think steel-driving man is in the lyrics of the John Henry song
2) Taiwan 1/0 It was obviously either South Korea or Taiwan. Obviously. Should pose Dave no trouble
3) Hippocampus 1/1 Just knew it.
4) Drakkar Noir 2/2 Great question, I'm laughing that this made it into a trivia league. Had to pull this from the depths of my 80s memory, but it was definitely well known back then, and my middling French knowledge came up again to with black/noir confirming it for me. Worried Dave will get there with the French as well, otherwise I can't imagine he pulls this
5) Manchester United, Real Madrid 3/2 Not even on the right continent. And I guess these are national teams. I'm sticking to American football
6) Dead Poets Society 0/3 O Captain My Captain. The cave didn't ring any bells, and this would have been a tough question without 1989 to narrow it down, but I went through my favorite movies that year and got it pretty quickly. Carpe diem was a big catch phrase among high schoolers starting college, and I had a poster in my dorm room.
I eke out a 5(4) - 4(4) victory
No comments:
Post a Comment