My first 9(6) of the season. Looks like I'll need it given the results from the multitude of posts on the blog so far.
1) Brunettes 2/2 I figured the first book was Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (making this really a film question not literature), and Brunettes was the logical answer
2) Meatloaf 2/1 Perhaps my favorite question of the season. Was a bit worried when the Hebrew wasn't a familiar dish, but after my limited French failed me twice earlier this season, it finally helped me as I loosely translated 'pain de viande' to 'breaded meat'. Two out of three ain't bad. (I hope you all saw that joke coming.)
3) Pennsylvania 1/0 The Keystone State
4) Crochet 1/1 I feel like this is common knowledge, and if it's not, it's probably gettable.
5) Greece 0/2 I've been waiting quite a few seasons for Giannis to make it into a question. I never remember his last name, but I know he has been one of the best players in the league in recent years, and his nickname is the Greek Freak.
6) South Pacific 3/3 Not quite a complete guess, but close. This and Showboat immediately came to mind, but not for any good reason. I knew I'd heard of Nellie Forbush for some reason. I went back and forth between the two until I decided I'd heard of the character because I saw my father in a bit part in a temple production of South Pacific years ago. 1949 also seemed like a good time for a WWII show. My daughter made fun of me for fist pumping when I submitted and saw that I got this correct.
No comments:
Post a Comment