Thursday, August 12, 2021

David S Day 4 vs. Brad (LLL)

4/6.  I was confident I had 5.  Brad kicked the %&*# out of me last season in LLL, so hopefully I can come back today.  The questions seemed much friendlier to me than to him today.

1. Niagara :), D01.  The trickiest part of this question may be knowing that the river and the falls have the same name.

2. The Giver :), D21.  I read this in middle school, and it's the kind of book that leaves an impression (at least for me).  I'm seriously unsure how well-known this book is, so I struggled on D.  I ultimately went lower than my opponents' strengths would have suggested.

3. Salt :), D13.  Solid but possibly tough history question.

4. Powertrain :(, D32.  I was sure this was right.  Did this appear previously in LL?  I feel like I was recently asked this same question and gave the same wrong answer that I was sure was right.  If so, I guess it's a testament to me being stuck in my ways (or something like that).

5. Platypus :), D10.  I got it from the eggs, which is how I guess most people will get it.

6. Jones :(, D22.  I'm sure this will play easy, but I had zero chance.  I didn't even know what series the question referred to.

No comments:

Post a Comment