4/6
1) Kentucky 2/1 Started with California Redwood, it's the symbol for Stanford. But that's not really sports related. Went through every state university nickname and pro team, until it clicked that it must be the Kentucky Ash that is used in Louisville Slugger baseball bats. I felt so clever for figuring it out. Who knew that a Buckeye is a tree?
2) Das Boot 1/2 I've never seen it but I'm familiar with it. The year, the interior of naval vessels, and U.S. dollars being specifically identified, all pointed to this German submarine film. Dave, this was released in America with English dubbing as The Boat, so you should get paid. However, I cannot forgive you or Brad for thinking it came out the same decade as Red October.
3) ZKC 3/3 "What's the anti-apartheid party in South Africa? It doesn't matter because this organization is fighting against the Bantu, not white people. Just put in random letters, you'll never get this." Oops. Defense will cost me here as well.
4) Wu Tang Clan 0/2 I can't name a song by them, but this story has been all over the news the last several years.
5) Elements of Style 1/1 Made sense. Was worried I'd have to remember if it was Funk & Wagner or Funk & Wagnall, until it asked for the title.
6) Michelle Obama 2/0 Asking for the first name pointed to a wife; a female painter pointed to a more recent portrait. I seem to recall a big to do about Michelle's portrait when it was revealed. Hoping to get some points in my weakest category here to offset my ANC misstep.
No comments:
Post a Comment