Wednesday, August 18, 2021

David S. Day 8 vs. Mirkin (LL)

Battle of the Davids in LL.  Sad to say I could only post a 2 or 3 out of 6.  This risks making my current 1-4-0 LL record against Mirkin fall even further, especially if the one I'm not sure about doesn't pay.

1. Purse :(, D22.  Ugh.  Very guessable even if I didn't know what millinery meant.  If I'd known the answer, I might have given lower D.

2. Bismarck :), D00.  I didn't know this, but I think it was by far the most logical guess.  I felt very confident.

3. Dojo Cat :/, D32.  A question I had no business getting may end up paying, and if it does, I bet I get 3 points for it.  I would mark this wrong if I were the grader, but my guess is that with Thorsten's generous grading of late, writing Dojo instead of Doja will pay.  I remember seeing this name a few months back and thinking how ridiculous it was.  It clearly stuck in my mind, albeit not the correct spelling.

4. Prepositions :(, D21.  Never heard of this acronym.  I had no idea.

5. Tide Pods :), D11.  With the clue "inedible," what else could it be?

6. DuBois :(, D13.  Never heard of this.  But it seems like the kind of question Mirkin would get, so low D for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment