Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Brian Day 8 vs Steiny (LL) and TaylorZ

 5/6 and boy did I need it after slipping into the relegation zone.  

1) Hat 1/2  Milliners are hat makers

2) Napolean 2/1 Kaiser rolls are not a delicacy, so I thought maybe Bonaparte hung out in Germany making pastries at some point.   

3) Doja Cat 3/1 Feline makes this a gimme, but only because I'm subjected to my daughters' TikToks.   So glad they're home from sleepaway camp.

4) Conjunctions 1/2  Since fewer words began with Y, I started off going though Y words; when I got to Yet it clicked that I could hook up phrases and clauses with And Neither But or Or.   Conjunction Junction, what's your function?

5) Tide Pods 0/0 Should be the easiest question of the day

6) Beaufort 2/3  "We've got a force nine blowing on the Beaufort scale."   Usually it's We Didn't Start the Fire off of Billy Joel's Storm Front album that helps with trivia, but in this case it's the title track. 

No comments:

Post a Comment