Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Brian Day 3 vs Dave S (LLL)

 4/6  on a day with at least a few gimmes for Seif, will prob come down to defense and, I hope, that it seems Dave is not a McD's type of guy.

1) pickles, onions 2/2   I know this from the song, hoping that commercial predates my opponents.

 1(1)-0(0)

2) Ho Chi Minh City 1/1 I've heard of the Mekong Delta, figured it was either Cambodia or Vietnam's capital.  Since I don't know Cambodia's capital, the choice was easy. And wrong.  Surely a gimme for Dave, but not as much of a gimme as the next question. 

                         1(1)-1(1)  And Ho Chi Minh City isn't even the capital?

3) Texas 0/0  So obvious that I thought I must be wrong, but would rather be wrong with this than right with, I don't know, California?  

                        2(2)-1(2)

4) Wainscoting 2/1 Wasn't entirely confident, but mention of a gerund helped, -ing cinched it for me.  I'm guessing most homeowners know this, it's not really an art question. 

                        5(3)-2(3)  Big mistake, Dave.  Huge!

5) fuzzy 1/2 Didn't like giving Dave a 2 on a math-adjacent question, but I ran out of low numbers.

                        5(4)-4(4)  And it comes down to choreography...

6) Allen 3/3  No chance here.     


Phew!  Well fought, Dave.  5(4)-4(4)


No comments:

Post a Comment