Monday, August 9, 2021

David S. Day 1

Welcome back, all.  Once again, I'll go with "David S." rather than "Seif" until Steiny posts.  Let's hope we have a few more people on the blog than last season.

4/6 today to start out.  A fairly friendly set of questions for me.

1. Dinosaur :), D00.  Last season I said the first question of the season would possibly be the hardest of the season, a prediction that didn't age well.  But not to be deterred from making forecasts, I'll say that I think this one may prove to be the easiest.

2. Cyprus :), D11.  I think this is harder than the D11 I gave it, but that's based on my opponents' strengths.  The acronym looked Greek to me, so that led immediately to Cyprus given the island nation.

3. Back to :(, D23.  No idea.

4. Sun :), D12.  Not my favorite question, because although I knew what it was, I couldn't decide if this was the name of the shape that the sun made or of the graphic they put on globes.  So I ended up spending most of my time debating whether I should put sun or globe, both of which arguably could be accepted.

5. Beauty :), D21.  I was kind of surprised to get this.  I thought maybe I had heard of Ulta as a cosmetics company, but I didn't actually think this would be right.

6. Rugby :(, D32.  Ah, I can't believe rowing didn't occur to me.  I was thinking maybe he was the coach of a Rugby 7s team.

No comments:

Post a Comment