2/6, and frankly lucky to get that.
1. Calcutta :(, D11. I really struggled on this one. I spent a lot of time trying to think of what history thing could have possibly covered those three place *on those three dates,* two of which were during WWII. Luckily for me I had a notion that maybe this wasn't a history question, so I gave it a low D all around. This was the wrong D for Mirkin, but great vs. my LL opponent who is nearly perfect at film questions (which is what I now see the question is about).
2. Prague :), D30. I was in Prague once and still struggled here. I thought this was the river's name, but my recall wasn't great. I seriously considered Balkan countries. Sarajevo seemed like a reasonable guess given the "clue" about two different names for the river. Glad I stuck with my first instinct.
3. Daisy :(, D21. Totally gettable, but there were several choices I had to pick between, and I just guessed wrong.
4. Fair and Balanced :(, D02. I pushed too far all in on the Fox News portion of the clue, but I had no shot at this anyway.
5. Teapot Dome :), D22. Only easy one of the day for me. Wasn't too much of a leap since I knew the scandal was the Teapot Dome Scandal.
6. Jones :(, D13. No clue at all.
1. Calcutta :(, D11. I really struggled on this one. I spent a lot of time trying to think of what history thing could have possibly covered those three place *on those three dates,* two of which were during WWII. Luckily for me I had a notion that maybe this wasn't a history question, so I gave it a low D all around. This was the wrong D for Mirkin, but great vs. my LL opponent who is nearly perfect at film questions (which is what I now see the question is about).
2. Prague :), D30. I was in Prague once and still struggled here. I thought this was the river's name, but my recall wasn't great. I seriously considered Balkan countries. Sarajevo seemed like a reasonable guess given the "clue" about two different names for the river. Glad I stuck with my first instinct.
3. Daisy :(, D21. Totally gettable, but there were several choices I had to pick between, and I just guessed wrong.
4. Fair and Balanced :(, D02. I pushed too far all in on the Fox News portion of the clue, but I had no shot at this anyway.
5. Teapot Dome :), D22. Only easy one of the day for me. Wasn't too much of a leap since I knew the scandal was the Teapot Dome Scandal.
6. Jones :(, D13. No clue at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment