1) St Louis. "The longest river is the Mississippi. What's the shortest? The Ohio? Sounds good. St Louis is on the Mississippi and seems about right. Don't overthink it since you really have no clue. " Looks at map after submitting: "well, that was lucky." 0/1
2) Winfrey. Considered Oprah, Suzie Orman, and Martha Stewart. Went with the safe bet. 1/2
3) Wahabbi. This comes up when reading about Israel. 1/1
4) American Dropout. Not a bad guess. I can't stand his or his wife's existence, so I'm good with missing this question. 2/0
5) matrix. There is no spoon. Last week I wrote that I hoped for a question about eigenvalues, this is probably the closest I'll get. The science aspects of this question did nothing for me, and made me doubt my answer, but the math part was pretty much the definition of a matrix. 2/2
6) Napoleon (Bonaparte). I read something about a composer who wrote a piece for Napoleon, but tore up the dedication after he felt betrayed by too much invading and conquering, I hoped this was it. 3/3
At least I didn't imagine the last one:
Beethoven’s temper and Symphony No. 3 ‘Eroica’
Beethoven admired the ideals of the French Revolution, so he dedicated his third symphony to Napoleon Bonaparte… until Napoleon declared himself emperor. Beethoven then sprung into a rage, ripped the front page from his manuscript and scrubbed out Napoleon’s name. Some modern reproductions of the original title page have scrubbed out Napoleon’s name to create a hole for authenticity’s sake!
No comments:
Post a Comment