2/6
1. Name the member of the U.S. House of Representatives who made news in March 2019 for filing a lawsuit seeking $250 million in damages from Twitter for, in part, its failure to police accounts that included one claiming to be run by an unhappy cow living on the congressman's farm?
Correct Answer: DEVIN NUNES
Your Answer: Nunes
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Correct Answer: DEVIN NUNES
Your Answer: Nunes
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I had no idea that Nunes is a farmer. I do know he is a thin skinned idiot and guessed he was litigious. I hope he ends up in prison somehow.
2. What operatic superstar was known simply as "La Divina" (or perhaps, in her parents' native language, "Το Θείο")?
Correct Answer: MARIA CALLAS
Your Answer: Pullos
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
2. What operatic superstar was known simply as "La Divina" (or perhaps, in her parents' native language, "Το Θείο")?
Correct Answer: MARIA CALLAS
Your Answer: Pullos
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
Nope. I do recognize the name now that I see it.
3. A drug prescribed to treat anemia is probably better known for its illegal use by athletes in endurance events (especially cyclists, including Lance Armstrong). By what three-letter abbreviation is this drug known?
Correct Answer: EPO
Your Answer: HGH
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
3. A drug prescribed to treat anemia is probably better known for its illegal use by athletes in endurance events (especially cyclists, including Lance Armstrong). By what three-letter abbreviation is this drug known?
Correct Answer: EPO
Your Answer: HGH
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I could not remember EPO. I was pretty sure HGH would be wrong, but that was the best i could come up with.
4. The 1978 peace agreement reached between President Anwar Sadat of Egypt and Prime Minister Menachem Begin of Israel is best known by what name, after the facility where the settlement was negotiated?
Correct Answer: CAMP DAVID ACCORDS
Your Answer: Camp David Accords
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
4. The 1978 peace agreement reached between President Anwar Sadat of Egypt and Prime Minister Menachem Begin of Israel is best known by what name, after the facility where the settlement was negotiated?
Correct Answer: CAMP DAVID ACCORDS
Your Answer: Camp David Accords
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
Gimmish for Jews who follow world history, I think.
5. Identify the poker variation, played with seven cards dealt to each player from a 52-card deck plus one joker, that is based on and named after a Chinese domino game?
Correct Answer: PAI GOW POKER
Your Answer: 7 card stud
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
5. Identify the poker variation, played with seven cards dealt to each player from a 52-card deck plus one joker, that is based on and named after a Chinese domino game?
Correct Answer: PAI GOW POKER
Your Answer: 7 card stud
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
Never heard of it.
6. The names of what two 80s hair metal bands, when combined, phonetically describe most accurately the substance with which Violet (Lily Tomlin) accidentally spiked Mr. Hart's (Dabney Coleman's) coffee in the movie 9 to 5?
Correct Answer: RATT, POISON
Your Answer: Snake Poison
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. The names of what two 80s hair metal bands, when combined, phonetically describe most accurately the substance with which Violet (Lily Tomlin) accidentally spiked Mr. Hart's (Dabney Coleman's) coffee in the movie 9 to 5?
Correct Answer: RATT, POISON
Your Answer: Snake Poison
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
Damn, thought I had it. I haven't seen 9 to 5 since I was young, so my guess was based on Whitesnake plus Poison.
No comments:
Post a Comment