Friday, December 13, 2019

Brian Day 20 vs Ben

4/6, but Ben should do well today. Glad I'm not facing him in LL, where we're both in the relegation zone.

1) ia   I thought of stadia and principia, though I knew data was a counterexample.  Wish I had paid better attention that one time I was in church for a wedding.  2/2

2 Growing Pains.  Gimme for me, I bet Ben watched it too, I hated giving him 2. He'll want to D0 me here.  0/2

3)Stern.  Except Ben has to D0 me on this, as I will him, on one of the easiest questions he has ever seen.  1/0

4)Tottenham.  no chance here.  Ben got a near identical question correct several seasons ago (but I couldn't zero this ahead of Stern). 3/1

5) Vertigo.  Great question.  I really enjoy it when Thorsten mixes categories, as with Ratt Poison, to provide multiple entry points.  Kim Novak rang a bell, I eventually figured she had to be from older movies, then I associated her with Tippi Hedren for some reason, which got me to The Birds.  From there I went through Hitchcock movies until I came to the logical answer.  I assume acrophobia is a fear of heights, and not acronyms.  2/3

6) Brunei.  Muslim nation in SE Asia, 'small' rules out Malaysia and Indonesia, leaving only one choice.  Hoping for geography points. 1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment