3/6, and lucky to walk away with that many right.
1. Roots :(, D22. I don't really even understand what the question means. I couldn't have possibly had less of a chance here.
2. Moana Series :(, D23. Never heard of this.
3. Refined :(, D01. I spent a great deal of time just thinking of something that even remotely made sense. No chance at all here again. I gave low D because both Gideon and my LL opponent are really good at food/drink, but maybe I should have gone higher even so.
4. Prussic :), D32. This is a satisfying one to get. I knew that it was named after Prussia, and I suspect that most people won't even get that far. But I thought the name was "Prussian," which has eight letters. So I spent a good deal of time thinking up something that only had 7. (I'm wondering if deep down I actually did know it was "Prussic," because once I thought of it, it really seemed right.)
5. Kim Il Sung :), D11. Gimme of the day for me.
6. Dickinson :), D10. I went with the obvious guess, and it was right. I assume anyone who gets this wrong will do so due to overthinking it.
1. Roots :(, D22. I don't really even understand what the question means. I couldn't have possibly had less of a chance here.
2. Moana Series :(, D23. Never heard of this.
3. Refined :(, D01. I spent a great deal of time just thinking of something that even remotely made sense. No chance at all here again. I gave low D because both Gideon and my LL opponent are really good at food/drink, but maybe I should have gone higher even so.
4. Prussic :), D32. This is a satisfying one to get. I knew that it was named after Prussia, and I suspect that most people won't even get that far. But I thought the name was "Prussian," which has eight letters. So I spent a good deal of time thinking up something that only had 7. (I'm wondering if deep down I actually did know it was "Prussic," because once I thought of it, it really seemed right.)
5. Kim Il Sung :), D11. Gimme of the day for me.
6. Dickinson :), D10. I went with the obvious guess, and it was right. I assume anyone who gets this wrong will do so due to overthinking it.
No comments:
Post a Comment