4/6 today, but not the four I expected. Playing the top dog in my rundle. Welcome back to Queen and Michael Seaver fan Debbie!
1) Wilson. No chance and no idea what this is. 2/1
2) To Kill A Mockingbird. An educated guess, but one I thought I had no chance of getting. Have never read it (nor seen it, I hear the Sorkin play is excellent) so I don't know Dill, and I know nothing of Capote. But Idabel sounded like a woman, so I chose Harper Lee for Truman's friend, one of the few famous mid-century famous female authors I could think of. Surprised I got it correct, should get me a few points in a weaker category, but now doubting my defense in such a classic novel. 3/3
3) The Munsters. Gimme for me, but neither of my opponents knew SCTV, and this is even further back. I'm expecting a lot of Addams Family answers for this one. 2/2
4) Bushido. I wrote a report on samurai (and read the Ronin comic book) in 9th grade. not sure how well known this is, hope I'm right about defense. 1/0
5) Tahiti. The only question of the day I felt comfortable with on defense. 0/1
6) biggie smalls. Figured it was BIG or Tupac. But i can't name a single song by any rap group since Run DMC, and I didn't understand why it was a big deal that Snoop performed at the frat party in Old School, so this is not my wheelhouse. Jesse, I would give you credit for Snoop Doggy Dogg. I'd also give you credit for Snoopy, Woodstock, and Linus. Clearly Dave S is the west coast rap afficionado. 1/2
No comments:
Post a Comment