Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Jesse day 12

5/6. A rare day where I face IngramB in both LL and LLL

1. 1971 was a landmark year for syndicated music programs for targeted audiences, with Hee Haw, The Lawrence Welk Show, and what long-running show aimed at African American viewers all entering first-run national syndication that year?
Correct Answer: SOUL TRAIN
Your Answer: Amos and Andy
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I was confident in Amos and Andy and scored it low as Ingram has a really high get rate for TV. 

2. A fictional species of immortal cyborg hero-warriors known as the Toa, who protect the Matoran from danger and safeguard the Great Spirit Mata Nui, form the basis for what line of toys produced and marketed by Lego beginning in the early 2000s?
Correct Answer: BIONICLE
Your Answer: Bionicle
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I had Biennial in my head for about an hour and felt I was close. I was able to jog my memory. 

3. Steam cleaning raw sugar in a centrifuge, which results in a light-brown sugar with a coarse grain and subtle molasses flavor, is a process that gives what sugar its name?
Correct Answer: TURBINADO
Your Answer: Turbinado
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

We have some in our cabinet that I put on my oatmeal. 

4. The highly poisonous and colorless acid hydrogen cyanide was once more commonly known as an acid described by what seven-letter adjective? The name references a former European state and is derived from the name of the blue pigment from which hydrogen cyanide was first isolated.
Correct Answer: PRUSSIC
Your Answer: Prussic
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

Prussia was one of the few former European states I could think of. I was pretty sure Prussian blue was a thing and Prussic acid did seem familiar.

5. Although it has been referred to formally as "Day of the Sun" since 1997, April 15 has been a public holiday in North Korea since 1968, celebrating the birthday of what man? (Note, full name is required.)
Correct Answer: KIM IL-SUNG
Your Answer: Kim Il Sung
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

Gimmie?

6. Probably published without permission (and certainly without attribution), I taste a liquor never brewed and A narrow Fellow in the Grass are titles given to two of the fewer than a dozen of what poet's works published during her lifetime?
Correct Answer: EMILY DICKINSON
Your Answer: Dickinson
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

Total guess, but it was the only female poet I could think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment