Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Brian Day 22 vs Seif and Andy

A much needed 5/6 gets me only my second win in December. 

1) SCTV .  Canadian television 'network' in the early 80s? Gimme. I've never seen it, but it's legendary for giving us John Candy, Martin Short, Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara.... 2/3

2) New Orleans. Had this question been asked yesterday, it's a miss. Instead it's a gimme.  As I kindly informed Dave via text this morning, I've been (slowly and painstakingly) reading a Civil War history book since August. The last page I read on the train home last night included this passage: "...it was not only immoral but also fatuous to grant the ballot to former rebels and withhold it from loyal blacks... Twenty-seven of them had fought with Andrew Jackson to defend New Orleans against the British in 1815.."  1/1

3) proboscis.  Surprised this isn't as well known.  Proboscis monkey, Jimmy Durante... 1/1

4) Sirenes.  Atlantes sounds like Atlantis, so went with female underwater beings.  3/2

5) Flash Gordon. Flash! Ahhh ahhhhhh!!!! Savior of the universe!     2/2

6) London.  As David said, easy mutual zeroes.  0/0

No comments:

Post a Comment