Monday, December 2, 2019

Brian Day 11 vs CarrBen12 (LL) & SeifD (LLL)

4/6 and I think it will come down to defense with both of these guys.  I'm not feeling confident at all.

1) Toll house cookies.  A gimme, as I've seen almost this exact question before; hated defending so high.  But I can't find the question in past seasons so maybe it's harder than I think.  2/2

2) Haiti.  French, probably Caribbean, most likely Haiti.  Santo Domingo is on the same island in the DR, that clinches it.  But so obvious (even for me) that I thought it was a trick, and almost put Martinique (that sounds French). I even considered Dominican Republic, even though they speak Spanish there.  Ultimately, I decided I would feel like more of an idiot if it were Haiti and I got it wrong, versus if I wrote Haiti and it was something else.  Hoping they give me some points here.  1/0

3) Wagner.  My rabbi ate at my non-kosher venue, and he drove on Shabbat to marry me, but there was no way he was going to allow Nazi music at my wedding.  And so I treated this as a Jewish question instead of classical music, sorry guys.  1/1

4) 13 dresses.  Damn, i knew the name sounded familiar.  I figured if I couldn't get it, no way would Ben and Dave, but I'm very worried they could get Gone Girl. 3/3

5) Akkadian.  Don't know why I thought I had this right. Figure these guys will get it.  0/1

6) Rox.  What a fun question.  Bryan==> Bryan Ferry==>Roxy Music, leading to Roxette and Roxanne.  Dave and Ben, you might get this from The Police, but I don't think you got The Look.  I'm positive you guys zeroed me here, but you get 2/2.

let's see how this went... In LLL, I take down Seif, and his defensive efficiency, 8(4)-2(3).  And Ben out-defends me for a 5(4)-5(3) tie. Should have known you'd be a Roxette fan.  It must have been love, but it's over now.

No comments:

Post a Comment