4/6
1. In Latin, plural nouns in the first declension (which are mainly feminine) and in the nominative case (usually the subject of a verb) typically end with what two letters?
Correct Answer: AE
Your Answer: is
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Correct Answer: AE
Your Answer: is
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I didn't spend much time on this and I don't think I would have gotten it even if I tried.
2. Hormonal Mike, studious Carol, and adorable little Ben were the kids of psychiatrist Jason and Long Island Daily Herald reporter Maggie on what television sitcom that debuted on ABC in September 1985?
Correct Answer: GROWING PAINS
Your Answer: Growing Pains
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
2. Hormonal Mike, studious Carol, and adorable little Ben were the kids of psychiatrist Jason and Long Island Daily Herald reporter Maggie on what television sitcom that debuted on ABC in September 1985?
Correct Answer: GROWING PAINS
Your Answer: Growing Pains
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I watched this throughout my childhood. This should be pretty difficult for anyone under 30.
3. John Melendez, Jackie Martling, Gary Dell'Abate, and Fred Norris—these individuals are closely associated with what other man (and his namesake programs on all media)?
Correct Answer: HOWARD STERN
Your Answer: Mcglaughlin
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
3. John Melendez, Jackie Martling, Gary Dell'Abate, and Fred Norris—these individuals are closely associated with what other man (and his namesake programs on all media)?
Correct Answer: HOWARD STERN
Your Answer: Mcglaughlin
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
Wow, a bad miss and I scored it high. I have never been a Stern listener, but I am familiar with these names now that I see the connection.
4. Name the soccer team that has finished at the top of the German Bundesliga table every season since 2012–2013, and that has finished no lower than fourth (and that placement only once) since 1995.
Correct Answer: BAYERN MUNICH (BAYERN)
Your Answer: Bayern Munich
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
4. Name the soccer team that has finished at the top of the German Bundesliga table every season since 2012–2013, and that has finished no lower than fourth (and that placement only once) since 1995.
Correct Answer: BAYERN MUNICH (BAYERN)
Your Answer: Bayern Munich
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
The only German team I can name!
5. Among the possible causes of what medical condition are Meniere's disease, vestibular neuritis, medication side effects, acrophobia, and, nominally, from finding out that Kim Novak was both "Madeleine" and "Judy"?
Correct Answer: VERTIGO
Your Answer: Vertigo
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
5. Among the possible causes of what medical condition are Meniere's disease, vestibular neuritis, medication side effects, acrophobia, and, nominally, from finding out that Kim Novak was both "Madeleine" and "Judy"?
Correct Answer: VERTIGO
Your Answer: Vertigo
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I got this through the Kim Novak reference. I wrote a term paper on Vertigo (the film) while in college.
6. Dar as-Salam, an Arabic phrase which translates as "abode of peace", is the name of the most populous city and former capital of Tanzania (as Dar es Salaam) and is also included (as Darussalam) in the official name of what small nation in Southeast Asia?
Correct Answer: BRUNEI
Your Answer: Brunei
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. Dar as-Salam, an Arabic phrase which translates as "abode of peace", is the name of the most populous city and former capital of Tanzania (as Dar es Salaam) and is also included (as Darussalam) in the official name of what small nation in Southeast Asia?
Correct Answer: BRUNEI
Your Answer: Brunei
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I have been to Kota Kinabalu spitting distance from Brunei, but never entered.
No comments:
Post a Comment