Great to be back! It seemed like a long off-season, but then again it always does.
4/6 today. Not a bad start. I think this might have been a very hard day but with questions that were generally friendly to me.
1. Arabian Sea :), D31. I knew this was right, but I think this will likely trip a lot of people up. Both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf are reasonable (albeit clearly incorrect) answers. But I suspect many people will put them down.
2. 1984 :), D22. I read this in high school and clearly remember it. I think it will have a relatively high get rate overall, but given my opponents' strengths, they both got D2.
3. Jackson :(, D12. To me, this question was just "Pick a singer who died after 1990 and hope for the best."
4. Guillotine :), D10. Seemed like the only possible answer, especially with the key French Revolution date given.
5. San Francisco :), D01. Federal Reserve regional branches!!! As gimme as it gets for me, though I suspect this is very, very hard and that most people will be stumped. Business/Econ is my LL and Kim's best and second best category, respectively, and that was my only reason for giving low D.
6. Mix :(, D23. This was probably gettable. But "mix" just popped into my head and I couldn't think of anything else.
4/6 today. Not a bad start. I think this might have been a very hard day but with questions that were generally friendly to me.
1. Arabian Sea :), D31. I knew this was right, but I think this will likely trip a lot of people up. Both the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf are reasonable (albeit clearly incorrect) answers. But I suspect many people will put them down.
2. 1984 :), D22. I read this in high school and clearly remember it. I think it will have a relatively high get rate overall, but given my opponents' strengths, they both got D2.
3. Jackson :(, D12. To me, this question was just "Pick a singer who died after 1990 and hope for the best."
4. Guillotine :), D10. Seemed like the only possible answer, especially with the key French Revolution date given.
5. San Francisco :), D01. Federal Reserve regional branches!!! As gimme as it gets for me, though I suspect this is very, very hard and that most people will be stumped. Business/Econ is my LL and Kim's best and second best category, respectively, and that was my only reason for giving low D.
6. Mix :(, D23. This was probably gettable. But "mix" just popped into my head and I couldn't think of anything else.
No comments:
Post a Comment