Thursday, November 14, 2019

Brian Day 2 vs MeyerE

5/6 but it wasn't easy

1) Johnson.  No idea. I knew someone just dropped out a few days ago, but couldn't remember who. (It was Sanford.)  2/2

2) Pentagon.  I get dodecahedron and icosahedron confused, but I was pretty sure I had it right this time.  1/2

3) The Forward.  The only American Jewish newspaper I've heard of.  I was pretty sure it's been around for awhile, but didn't know its origins, and was not at all confident (though I'm sure this is a gimme for most in our group.) Luckily I had no other options.  3/1

4) Captain Kangaroo. Another one where it was only a guess, but also my only option.  8am weekdays had to be news or a children's show.  Good Morning America and the like hadn't been around in the 50s, so children's it is.  I considered Mister Rogers, Romper Room, Howdy Doody, and The Magic Garden, but Howdy Doody certainly didn't last that long, Mister Rogers was around later than that, and the others probably weren't around in the 50s.  The Captain was the only one that I can remember black and white images of, but which was still on tv in my childhood.  Seems very difficult even if early 80s are your thing.  2/3

5) Succotash. Food gimme? Very difficult not to write 'Suffferin'' in front of my answer.  0/0

6) The House of the Seven Gables.  Never read it, but 'old mansion' led me to either this or the Fall of the House of Usher, and I was pretty sure that was Poe, and probably not the Pyncheon family either.  1/1

No comments:

Post a Comment