4/6
1. At the Grammy Awards ceremony held in February 1976, Album of the Year winner Paul Simon proclaimed, "I'd like to thank XXXXX, who didn't make an album this year." What artist, whose name is redacted in this quote, would go on to win the award again the next year?
Correct Answer: STEVIE WONDER
Your Answer: Elton John
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
Correct Answer: STEVIE WONDER
Your Answer: Elton John
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
I had a feeling that it was Stevie Wonder, but I stuck with my initial answer in Elton John.
2. The standard interpretation of quantum mechanics associated with the ideas of Niels Bohr is named after what city, where Bohr established the Institute for Theoretical Physics in 1921?
Correct Answer: COPENHAGEN
Your Answer: Dresden
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
2. The standard interpretation of quantum mechanics associated with the ideas of Niels Bohr is named after what city, where Bohr established the Institute for Theoretical Physics in 1921?
Correct Answer: COPENHAGEN
Your Answer: Dresden
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3
Oh, at one point I knew this.
3. Of Canada's ten provinces and three territories, which is by far the largest as measured by total land area?
Correct Answer: NUNAVUT
Your Answer: Nunavut
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
3. Of Canada's ten provinces and three territories, which is by far the largest as measured by total land area?
Correct Answer: NUNAVUT
Your Answer: Nunavut
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0
It was Nunavut or Northwest territory. I guessed right.
4. What is the legal term for the procedure through which a document is determined to be a valid will? The term is also used for the court that makes this determination.
Correct Answer: PROBATE
Your Answer: Probate
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
4. What is the legal term for the procedure through which a document is determined to be a valid will? The term is also used for the court that makes this determination.
Correct Answer: PROBATE
Your Answer: Probate
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2
This came somewhere from the back of my mind. I was happy to see it was right.
5. Identify either one of the professional sports teams (including city) currently in any of the four major professional North American sports leagues—MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL—whose name (e.g. "Yankees", "Cowboys") is also a book of the Old Testament. Note, both city and team name are required.
Correct Answer: LOS ANGELES KINGS, SACRAMENTO KINGS
Your Answer: Sacramento Kings
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
5. Identify either one of the professional sports teams (including city) currently in any of the four major professional North American sports leagues—MLB, NBA, NFL, NHL—whose name (e.g. "Yankees", "Cowboys") is also a book of the Old Testament. Note, both city and team name are required.
Correct Answer: LOS ANGELES KINGS, SACRAMENTO KINGS
Your Answer: Sacramento Kings
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I wrote down a lot of teams and Kings made the most sense, especially because I could not come up with a second team that made sense other than it was the LA Kings from the NHL.
6. In 962, Pope John XII declared what palindromically named Teutonic king as emperor, an act marked by many historians as the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire?
Correct Answer: OTTO
Your Answer: Otto
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
6. In 962, Pope John XII declared what palindromically named Teutonic king as emperor, an act marked by many historians as the foundation of the Holy Roman Empire?
Correct Answer: OTTO
Your Answer: Otto
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1
I was going through a few names in my head and I was pretty sure it started with the letter O. I was pretty sure Otto was right.
No comments:
Post a Comment