Friday, November 22, 2019

Brian Day 8 vs Andy's distant relative and DaveM

5/6 heading into the weekend, and a rare easy day to defend in both leagues. Who's LevinsonDA again?

1) Transverse.  My first instinct, though I was tempted by traveling (vs. standing) waves.  Ultimately the phrasing of the question meant it had to be transverse.  3/2

2) Rammekin.  I've never submitted on my phone before, autocorrect really wanted me to submit mannequin.  Count me among those who'd never heard of these before wedding registries. 2/1

3) Bolivia, Brazil.  nope. 2/0

4) Hoover.  Surprised to get his correct. Mostly the same as all of you; had to be post-Wilson, I assumed FDR an easterner like Teddy, Truman wasn't old enough to be born then, leaving Harding Hoover Coolidge.  I figured Harding to be older than that to have died in office, leaving a coin flip.  And my deciding factor was..... that the Hoover Dam is west of the Mississippi, so Hoover it is.   1/3

5) Gretsky.  Mispelling by me as well, but a gimme.  Unfortunately as mentioned by others, anyone with no clue is going to guess the Great One (except Ben).  1/1

6) Lithium.  Gimme. 0/2

No comments:

Post a Comment