Friday, November 15, 2019

Seif Day 3 vs. Brian (LL) and Mirkin (LLL)

Fun day against two fellow Carrites.  I've started this season with a pretty good QPct and terrible D, resulting in a 0-2-0 LL record.  Hopefully that changes today with a solid 5/6.

1. Rijksmuseum :), D22.  Since I'm not the first one to post today, I see this is giving people a lot of trouble.  I'm a bit surprised despite struggling with it myself.  My difficulty was recognizing the Dutch names.  Once I did, Rijksmuseum came quickly.  (Admittedly, I didn't know there was a separate Van Gogh Museum.)

2. Serum :), D11.  Sweet!  This was just an educated guess.

3. Tanganyika :), D31.  Gimme for me.  A great question to get vs. Brian.  I'm willing to basically bet the match that he won't get it and give him a D3 here.  I'm sure Mirkin will, but I have to give him a D1 because...

4. Deep Water Horizon :), D10.  I remember this well enough, but it should be about as gimme as it gets for Mirkin.  Maybe he accidentally writes "Tanfanhika" and gets #3 wrong, but he won't miss this one.

5. Bears :), D22.  Would have been a gimme for me even if these two teams hadn't played each other in the kickoff game of the NFL season this year with their franchises' ages being the reason given for the game (and for depriving the Patriots of their right to play the kickoff game at home for winning the Super Bowl...).

6. Rocky :(, D03.  Ok, I admit that I didn't even try here.  I was all excited after #5 thinking I might get 6/6 (I was only uncertain about #2) and then was annoyed that I was going to lose it here.  I had no chance at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment