2/6. After a great start this season, I'm rapidly crashing. Today will likely result in my 5th straight loss. Still, I think I have a pretty good chance of avoiding relegation. Today I had 2 answers I narrowed down to two possibilities but got them both wrong—and in both cases the other one was correct.
1. Mash :(, D21. I knew mash and wort were both part of some alcohol making process, and I was deciding between the two. Chose the wrong one.
2. Annie :), D30. Once I thought of Annie, I knew it had to be right.
3. Franklin Roosevelt :), D12. First, do people think just "Roosevelt" would have been ok here given that there was also Teddy? This one took a good deal of thinking. I knew that the three 20th century landslides were this one in 1936, Nixon in 72, and Reagan in 84. But in the two other cases, the Democrat won DC and one other state (MA in 72 and MN in 84). That meant that 72 and 84 had more than 8 EVs for the losers, bringing me to the 36 election.
4. Plaid :(, D11. Wrote paisley and then changed to plaid. Man!
5. Better Call Saul :(, D03. No clue.
6. The War :(, D22. No clue again.
No comments:
Post a Comment