Thursday, December 13, 2018

Brian Day 19 vs WinnR

A satisfying 4/6, given that i was only confident of one.  Thorsten did not grant my boon yesterday, leaving me with 1/6, so happy to have a good day today.

1) Mash.  Never heard of wort, so I'm not going to worry about it.  You'd think I would have learned this at pub trivia at Growlers.  2/0

2) Annie. Gimme, even if I'm not renting it for my daughters bday party this weekend. I think it's a gimme even for WinnR's .280 theatre score.  0/1

3) Trump.  Just kidding, Reagan. Also wrong.  Was between Reagan and FDR.  The LANDSLIDE!!!! newspaper headlines from 1984 were too much for me to get past.  1/1​

4) Paisley.  Considered argyle, plaid and tartan, given the Scottish aspect.  They didn't seem ornamental, so debated between houndstooth and paisley.  Paisley looks floral, so went with that as more bush-like.  1/2

5)Empire.  First thought was Better Call Saul, but I don't recognize the name Cookie or the plotline. I went through recent shows that I don't watch, and Cookie rang a bell as the main character when I thought of Empire.  There are frequently commercials for Empire during football games on Fox. (welcome to the blog Tom Brady, great minds think alike)  2/3

6)The Dark Tower.  The only gimme for me today.  I haven't read any of them, but they're well known in fantasy circles. I don't think too many people saw the movie.  3/2

No comments:

Post a Comment