Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Seif Day 13 vs. Andy (LLL)

4/6. I always find Andy very difficult to defend, so I'll have to see how that goes. 

1. Brownian Motion :), D02. Not quite a gimme (under my wholly subjective grading system), but I was very confident. 

2. Churchill :(, D21. No clue. Maybe the name rings a bell now that I see it, but maybe I'm just making that up. 

3. Crete :(, D31. Great question in retrospect. I didn't realize that the Venus in the Louvre was the one named Venus de Milo, nor did I realize that de Milo referred to where the statue was from. 

4. Conjugate :), D12. Glad to get this. If complement and compliment had the same spelling, I think I would possibly have walked right into that trap. 

5. Lawful, chaotic :), D23. A brief period of playing D&D in 5th grade was enough for me to get this. 

6. Burma :), D10. Had to think about this a bit, but I was pretty certain when I submitted. The timing of the events lined up with Burma, and former UN Secretary General U Thant was from Burma. 


No comments:

Post a Comment