Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Jesse Day 23

3/6

1. What dynasty, descended from the French counts of Anjou, ruled England from 1154 to 1485? Lancaster and York were two branches of the family, which was ousted by Henry VII of the House of Tudor.
Correct Answer: PLANTAGENET
Your Answer: Orange
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I was not sure, but I thought it might have something to do with William of Orange. I was wrong. 

2. Bobby Moynihan, Kate Micucci, Kate McKinnon, and Kenan Thompson have voiced (respectively) the characters Hal the Dog, Daisy the Bunny, Squeeks the Mouse, and Ronald the Cat, all friends of Taran Killam's title character, in what children's TV series currently airing on PBS Kids?
Correct Answer: NATURE CAT
Your Answer: Doc McStuffins
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I see a lot of kids programming in the background, but I guess my daughter does not watch nature cat. I'll have to DVR it for her.  

3. In November 2018, prior to a series of restrictions disclosed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, what company, which has over 70% of domestic e-cigarette market share, announced suspension of retail sales of its flavored e-cigarette pods and an end to promotions on social media?
Correct Answer: JUUL LABS
Your Answer: Juul
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

It is in the news. 

4. What Dutch American villager and legendary master of repose is quite possibly literature's best known fictional American Revolution-era Loyalist?
Correct Answer: RIP VAN WINKLE
Your Answer: Rip Van Winkle
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

Repose + Dutch sounding name

5. Jelawat, Prapiroon, Maria, Jongdari, Shanshan, Soulik, Cimaron, Jebi, Mangkhut, Trami, Kong-rey, Yutu, Usagi, and Man-yi are all names of what?
Correct Answer: (2018 PACIFIC OCEAN) TYPHOONS
Your Answer: Typhoons
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

My first thought was these are different words Eskimos have for snow, but they all sounded Asian besides Maria. They also seemed to be different Asian languages including Japanese, Tagalog and Indonesian. Typhoons made sense, but I hoped Maria wasn't a Hurricane thrown in there. 

6. What Romanian, the 2018 French Open Champion, is currently ranked number one on the Women's Tennis Association (WTA) Tour, in a spot she has held since October of last year?
Correct Answer: SIMONA HALEP
Your Answer: Krusanovitch
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

I do not follow tennis at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment