Thursday, December 20, 2018

Jesse day 24

3/6

1. The "Penny Black," "Treskilling Yellow," "Basel Dove," "St. Louis Bears," and the Statue of Liberty replica located at the New York-New York Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas are all items relevant in what avocation?
Correct Answer: STAMP COLLECTING/PHILATELY
Your Answer: Magic
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I had no idea.

2. At the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo, karate competitions (Kumite and Kata) will be included as medal events for the first time, joining what other two Asian martial arts in the official Olympic program?
Correct Answer: JUDO, TAEKWONDO
Your Answer: Taekwando and Judo
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

I get pretty into the Olympics.

3. DariƩn National Park is a UNESCO world heritage site that sits on the border of what two countries?
Correct Answer: PANAMA, COLOMBIA
Your Answer: Panama and Colombia
Points Assigned: 0
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 0

I've been to Panama and Colombia. My company ran a trip to the Darien Gap, but my flight was delayed due to a snow storm so I missed it. 

4. Pop culture writer Jen Chaney's 2015 book As If! is an oral history celebrating the twentieth anniversary of what movie, told by the film's director, cast, and crew?
Correct Answer: CLUELESS
Your Answer: Clueless
Points Assigned: 1
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 1

The timing seemed right. I also considered Wayne's World. 

5. What is the full name of the television producer whose production company, QM Productions, had at least one series running on network television from its founding in 1960 until the cancellation of Barnaby Jones in 1980?
Correct Answer: QUINN MARTIN
Your Answer: Quincy Murray
Points Assigned: 3
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 3

Never heard of him.

6. Which is the only one of the eight traditional parts of speech in English missing from the following sentence: My little dog and I run quickly to the park.
Correct Answer: INTERJECTION
Your Answer: Adverb
Points Assigned: 2
Points Assigned to Private Opp: 2

I could only come up with 7 parts of speech and the one I was missing was interjection.

No comments:

Post a Comment